It’s been quite a while since I posted any photos of the miniatures I’ve been painting, and now that I have a non-phone camera of my very own, it’s time to do something about that.
Pretty much all the minis I’ve finished so far (a couple aren’t quite done).
A closer view.
Most of my current works in progress. I need to finish the base on Kaladrax (the skeletal dragon), glue him together, and do shading and touchup, but he’s largely done. The black ones on the left were part of a mass basecoating spree after I accidentally popped the top off a tube of black paint and poured 2/3 of it into my palette. Unfortunately you can’t really see the pit fiend (the black and red piece behind the red dragon); I’m going for an ember effect, so it’s fire colors with black drybrushed over them.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu here was one of my big projects last year.
Two of the coolest figures from the Bones 2 lot. (On the Bones painting group I’m part of on Facebook, the gorgon in particular has been a popular early paint, probably in part because it’s easy to achieve striking results without a lot of fiddly details.) The bulette’s color scheme, with the verdigris on the top, is a tribute to the original plastic toy it was based on:
Owlbear! I started out painting her brown, then decided that was the obvious way to go and went for a snowy owl/polar bear hybrid instead.
A hydra–it’s hard to get a good overall view of it in one picture because of the arrangement of heads. The color scheme was a no-brainer, because I had a tube of Army Painter’s “Hydra Turquoise” that I hadn’t really used…
One of the cats using a mini box as a pillow. (Unfortunately, one’s overexposed and one’s blurry, so they average out to a decent photo, maybe.)
More to come!